Using the Crypto Calculator
Investing is not without risks. We’ll level with you—and help keep you on track. You can use the Stash crypto calculator to help you keep a balanced portfolio. We’ll run the numbers to help you minimize risk. Please note, in order to use the crypto calculator, you must have invested a minimum of $20.00 into your Personal portfolio.
Stash recommends that cryptocurrencies make up 5% or less of your portfolio; however, we do not put hard limits on how much of your portfolio can be made up of crypto.
Crypto Calculator in the App
Follow these steps to use the crypto calculator in the app:
- Login to the Stash app.
- Navigate to your Personal Portfolio1.
- Tap Crypto from the categories at the top, locate the coin you want to buy and tap on it.
- Tap Buy.
- Tap Use Calculator.
6. Enter the amount of crypto you want to buy. The calculator will automatically calculate the percentage of your Portfolio that would be made up of crypto if you purchased that amount.
7. Tap Continue to finish the process of purchasing your coins.
Crypto Calculator on the Web
Follow these steps to use the crypto calculator on the web:
- Login to the Stash website.
- Click Invest at the top of the screen.
- Click the Personal Portfolio tile.
- Locate your coin in the Top Holdings section and click on it.
Note: If you don’t see your coins in the list, click View All Investments.
5. Click Use Calculator under the gray Sell button.
6. Enter the amount of crypto you want to buy. The calculator will automatically calculate the percentage of your portfolio that would be made up of crypto if you purchased that amount.
7. Click Buy to finish the process of purchasing your coins.
1Your cash and securities are held in your brokerage account at Apex Clearing, and your cryptocurrencies are held in your crypto account at Apex Crypto.
Cryptocurrency trading and execution services are provided by Apex Crypto LLC (NMLS ID 1828849) through a software license agreement between Apex Crypto LLC and Stash Financial, Inc. Apex Crypto is not a registered broker-dealer or a member of SIPC or FINRA and is licensed to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department. Cryptocurrencies are not securities and are not FDIC or SIPC insured. Advisory products and services are offered through Stash Investments LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser. Cryptocurrency is a highly volatile investment; please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved before trading crypto. Visit apexcrypto.com/legal.
Related questions View all Invest
Q. Invest While You Spend with the New Stash Banking
Beginning in fall 2022, Stash will be switching banking providers. This move will provide more autonomy for Stash in banking decisions, and will provide more benefits to customers. We will send you an email when it is your turn to open up a new Stash banking account,…
Q. Bill Pay and the New Stash Banking Account
Stash is starting the process of switching our banking provider. For more information on this change, check out this article—we are really excited about this change and the benefits it will bring to customers! As part of the change, Bill Pay services will not be available for Stash banking customers right away.…
Q. How can I tell if I need to open up a new Stash banking account?
If you aren’t sure if it is time to open your new Stash banking account1, follow these steps: Log into Stash. Tap or click Bank. Look at the card image at the top of the page. In the lower-right corner on the card image,…
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.