How does the dispute process work? How long does it take?
If there’s suspicious activity in your Stash banking account, we can help. Here are the steps to take on your end:
- Gather information:
- Make sure the transaction is complete and not in a pending status. Gather the merchant’s names, the transaction amounts, and transaction dates. You will need these to file a dispute.
- Get a new card:
- Report your card as lost or stolen. This freezes your account to protect you from fraud and ensures you get a new card as soon as possible. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the app.
- Tap Bank on the home screen or the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Replace my card.
- Confirm the address where you’d like us to send the replacement card, then tap Save and continue.
- Select either Card lost or Card stolen.
- Tap Order a new card.
- Contact customer support
- We can be reached at 1(800) 205-5164
With the information you gathered, Customer Service can open an investigation. The process can vary depending on the circumstances, but we can tell you what to expect after the investigation is opened.
Related questions View all Bank Account
Q. Need to upload documents to verify your identity when opening a Stash account?
During the course of signing up for your new Stash account, we may ask you for proof of identity via either your driver’s license or passport. Why do we need this information? The USA Patriot Act requires us to verify your identity—it helps us keep all 56+ million Stashers safe,…
Q. What is happening to my Stash Banking Account issued by Green Dot Bank?
What is happening to my Stash banking account issued by Green Dot Bank? We are switching to a new banking partner. The transition is easy. We’ll transfer your funds automatically in just a few minutes. If you do not complete the transition,…
Q. Closing Your Stash Banking Account
Are you sure you want to close your Stash banking account? Please remember you can only open one Stash banking account at a time right now. If you close your banking account and want to open a new one, please contact Customer Support. …
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.