How do I close my Stash Beginner subscription?
We’ll be sorry to see you go! You can close your subscription at any time online at Stash.com. See below to get started—note that currently, you can only make your close request online at this time.
Steps for canceling Stash Beginner subscription:
- Log into Stash.com
- Click your name
- Click Subscription
- Click Close my Stash for good at the bottom of the page
- At this point, you will be guided through the process of closing your account. A few things to keep in mind:
- If you choose to cancel your account, all your investments will be sold. Proceeds will be returned to you through your linked external account.
- The complete process can take up to 10 business. You will receive a confirmation email when all the steps to close your account are complete.
- You will still have access to your money in Stash Bank post-close. You can transfer money out to an external account, or you can use your debit card to make purchases. However, you do lose the ability to add money to Stash Bank. The account will automatically deactivate when the balance is zero post-close.
- If you used Stash direct deposit, please make sure you inform your employer about changing direct deposit information at this time.
- Even after your Stash account is closed, we will notify you by email if you receive a tax document. This email will include a link to access your tax documents on the website.
- You might be invited to complete a survey regarding your Stash experience. Filling it out will help us gain valuable feedback we can use to improve.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us—and we wish you the very best in achieving your financial goals.
Related questions View all Plans
Q. How do I cancel my Stash+ subscription?
Canceling your Stash+ is easy and can be done from the web. We don’t currently support canceling your subscription in the app. Here’s how to do it: Navigate to your Manage account page and log into your account. Here you’ll see options to close your Personal portfolio and your Retirement portfolio.…0
Q. How do I close my Stash Growth subscription?
We will be sorry to see you go! You can start your cancel request at any time online at Stash.com. See below to get started—note that currently, you can only make your cancel request online at this time. Steps for canceling Stash Growth subscription: Log into Stash.com Click your name Click Subscription plan Click Your plan Click Close my Stash for good at the bottom of the page.…0
Q. How Do I cancel My Stash Subscription?
Just like everything else at Stash, we’ve made the process of closing your account and canceling your subscription as easy and painless as possible. We’ve outlined the necessary steps below. Please note that currently, you can only close your account on the web,…178
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.