How do I close my Stash Growth subscription?
We will be sorry to see you go! You can start your cancel request at any time online at Stash.com. See below to get started—note that currently, you can only make your cancel request online at this time.
Steps for canceling Stash Growth subscription:
- Log into Stash.com.
- Click your name.
- Click Subscription.
- Click Close my Stash for good at the bottom of the page.
- At this point, you will be guided through the process of closing your account. A few things to keep in mind:
- To close a Stash Retirement IRA, you must sell all your investments and wait until all positions have been settled. You also must turn off all Auto-Stash tools. You will not be able to close your account without doing both of these things.
- If you choose to cancel your personal account, all your investments will be sold. Proceeds will be returned to you through your linked external account.
- The complete close process can take up to 10 business days. You will receive a confirmation email when all the steps to close your account have been completed.
- You will still have access to money in Stash Bank post close. You can transfer money out to an external account, or you can use your debit card to make purchases. However, you do lose the ability to add money to Stash Bank. If you used Stash direct deposit, please make sure you inform your employer about changing direct deposit information at this time.
- We will email your tax forms when they become available in the next calendar year.
- You might be invited to complete a survey regarding your Stash experience. Filling it out will help us gain valuable feedback we can use to improve.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us—and we wish you the very best in achieving your financial goals.
Related questions View all Plans
Q. How are refunds calculated if I close my Stash account or cancel my subscription plan?
In the event you close your Stash account or cancel your Stash subscription plan, Stash will refund any and all pre-paid portions of your Stash subscription fee in accordance with the terms of your Advisory Agreement. Refunded portions of pre-paid fees will be calculated starting from your billing date and then based upon the number of days remaining in your monthly billing period or annual billing period,…3
Q. How do I cancel my Stash+ subscription?
Canceling your Stash+ is easy and can be done from the web. We don’t currently support canceling your subscription in the app. Here’s how to do it: Navigate to your Manage account page and log into your account. Here you’ll see options to close your Personal portfolio and your Retirement portfolio.…2
Q. How do I close my Stash Beginner subscription?
We’ll be sorry to see you go! You can close your subscription at any time online at Stash.com. See below to get started—note that currently, you can only make your close request online at this time. Steps for canceling Stash Beginner subscription: Log into Stash.com Click your name Click Subscription Click Close my Stash for good at the bottom of the page At this point,…1
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Intro to Stash: Everything You Need To Know To Start Investing
The Stash Way is a few simple principles at the core of investing with Stash.
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.