How do I set up automatic dividend reinvestment?
We’ve got some good news—for retirement and custodial accounts, you will automatically reinvest your dividends on Stash. If you’d like to start reinvesting your dividends from your personal account, here’s how to do it from the app:
- From the Home screen, tap Invest.
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see Select dividend reinvestment program.
- From here, you can enable or disable automatic dividend reinvestment for your personal portfolio.
Please note that we’re unable to disable automatic dividend reinvestment for retirement and custodial accounts at this time. Dividends may take up to 3-4 business days to be reinvested.
Why wasn’t my dividend reinvested?
There’s a number of reasons, so we’ll go over the most common ones below:
- The equity is ineligible for dividend reinvestment.
- The dividend was voided or reversed.
- The market is closed, in which case your dividend will be reinvested on the next trading day.
- You enrolled in our dividend reinvestment program after your investment’s record date. Your first dividend received from your investment will be automatically added to your Portfolio Cash. All subsequent dividends will be automatically reinvested.
Related questions View all Invest
Q. Turning Round-Ups On and Off
You can easily manage your Stock-Back® Card round ups on the Stash app or website.1 Follow these steps to turn round-ups on/off. On the app: Login to the Stash app. Tap Bank at the bottom of the screen. …
Q. All About Instant Transfers
What are instant transfers? Transferring money within Stash generally is effective immediately but could take up to a few minutes; however, transferring to an external bank account can take 1-3 business days. Instant transfers allow you to transfer money to an external bank from your Stash banking account instantly for a 1% fee.…
Q. Earning Stock-Back® Rewards with Stash
Want to make your money work harder for you? The Stash Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard® allows you to invest while you spend.1 Read on to find out the details of this benefit, offered exclusively by Stash. How does Stock-Back® work? To earn Stock-Back® Rewards,…
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.