How do I set up automatic dividend reinvestment?
We’ve got some good news—for Retirement and Custodial accounts, we’ll automatically reinvest your dividends. This is also known as DRIP.
We’re unable to disable automatic dividend reinvestment for Retirement and Custodial accounts at this time. Dividends may take up to 3-4 business days to be reinvested.
Can I automatically reinvest my dividends in my Personal portfolio?
If you’d like to start reinvesting your dividends in your Personal portfolio, follow these steps:
In the app:
- Login to the Stash app.
- Tap Investing at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Personal Portfolio.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, then tap Dividend reinvestment program.
- Tap the slider next to Automatically reinvest dividends to turn DRIP on/off.
On the web:
- Login to the Stash website.
- Click your name in the upper-right corner.
- Click Dividend reinvestment program.
- Click the slider next to Automatically reinvest dividends to turn DRIP on/off.
Why wasn’t my dividend reinvested?
There’s a number of reasons dividends may not be reinvested:
- The equity is ineligible for dividend reinvestment.
- The dividend was voided or reversed.
- The market is closed, in which case your dividend will be reinvested on the next trading day.
- You enrolled in our dividend reinvestment program after your investment’s record date.
Related questions View all Invest
Q. Managing Your Stock-Back® Debit Card
Stash makes managing your Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard® easy. You can order a new card, activate your card, How can I order a new card? You can easily order a replacement Stock-Back® Card1 24/7 right from your Stash account.…
Q. Securities Lending
Securities lending is a kind of investment activity that allows whole-share owners of securities to earn extra income by loaning out their shares. Partial share owners are not eligible for securities lending. The owner of the whole-share (the lender) loans their securities to a financial institution,…
Q. Linking your External Bank Account with Micro-deposits
Looking for an easy way to transfer money on and off of Stash? Link your external bank account to your Stash account! There are two ways to link your external bank account to Stash: Login to your external bank account from the Stash website [learn more here] Request micro-deposits into your external bank account [keep reading below for more info] Micro-deposits are two small amounts (usually less than $0.50) that Stash deposits into your external bank account.…
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.