How do I set up automatic dividend reinvestment?
We’ve got some good news—for retirement and custodial accounts, you will automatically reinvest your dividends on Stash. If you’d like to start reinvesting your dividends from your personal account, here’s how to do it from the app:
- From the Home screen, tap Invest.
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see Select dividend reinvestment program.
- From here, you can enable or disable automatic dividend reinvestment for your personal portfolio.
Please note that we’re unable to disable automatic dividend reinvestment for retirement and custodial accounts at this time. Dividends may take up to 3-4 business days to be reinvested.
Why wasn’t my dividend reinvested?
There’s a number of reasons, so we’ll go over the most common ones below:
- The equity is ineligible for dividend reinvestment.
- The dividend was voided or reversed.
- The market is closed, in which case your dividend will be reinvested on the next trading day.
- You enrolled in our dividend reinvestment program after your investment’s record date. Your first dividend received from your investment will be automatically added to your Portfolio Cash. All subsequent dividends will be automatically reinvested.
Related questions View all Invest
Q. The New Stash Banking—What’s New and What Changed
Beginning in fall 2022, Stash will be switching banking providers. This move will provide more autonomy for Stash in banking decisions, and will provide more benefits to customers. You can read about our decision here. You may be wondering—what steps do I need to take after I’ve transitioned my banking account?…
Q. Need to upload documents to verify your identity when opening a Stash account?
During the course of signing up for your new Stash account, we may ask you for proof of identity via either your driver’s license or passport. Why do we need this information? The USA Patriot Act requires us to verify your identity—it helps us keep all 56+ million Stashers safe,…
Q. What is happening to my Stash Banking Account issued by Green Dot Bank?
What is happening to my Stash banking account issued by Green Dot Bank? We are switching to a new banking partner. The transition is easy. We’ll transfer your funds automatically in just a few minutes. If you do not complete the transition,…
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.