Questions about logging in? We’ve got your answers right here.
If you forgot your password:
Can’t remember your password? Reset it here.
If you want to change your password:
To change your password, you must be logged in. Here’s how to update your password in the app:
- Open Stash.
- From the Home screen, tap on the icon on the upper left hand corner. For iOS, it will be your initials or picture, for Android, the menu (hamburger) icon.
- On Android, tap Settings. For iOS, proceed to the next step.
- Tap Email, phone and security.
- Tap Change Password.
- Enter current password and new password, then re-enter new password.
- Tap Change Password.
If you’re still having trouble logging in:
We’ve got you covered. Here’s some tips:
- If you receive an “Invalid email or password” message, don’t worry. Just triple check you’re using the right email address for Stash. Also, make sure there are no typos.
- You might be invited to do two-factor authentication when you log in. Don’t sweat it— it’s an additional security feature Stash uses to keep you and your data safe.
- You may be on the new user sign up screen, rather than the log in screen. Your login screen has “Welcome Back” above where you put your email and password. This is different from the new user sign-up screen, which also asks for an email address and password.
Related questions View all Getting Started
Q. The New Stash Banking—What’s New and What Changed
Beginning in fall 2022, Stash will be switching banking providers. This move will provide more autonomy for Stash in banking decisions, and will provide more benefits to customers. You can read about our decision here. You may be wondering—what steps do I need to take after I’ve transitioned my banking account?…
Q. Need to upload documents to verify your identity when opening a Stash account?
During the course of signing up for your new Stash account, we may ask you for proof of identity via either your driver’s license or passport. Why do we need this information? The USA Patriot Act requires us to verify your identity—it helps us keep all 56+ million Stashers safe,…
Q. What is happening to my Stash Banking Account issued by Green Dot Bank?
What is happening to my Stash banking account issued by Green Dot Bank? We are switching to a new banking partner. The transition is easy. We’ll transfer your funds automatically in just a few minutes. If you do not complete the transition,…
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.