Why are you removing the $1 Beginner tier?
In order to continue building a better app experience, with improved features and enhanced benefits, our $1/month Stash Beginner plan will no longer be available as of August 1. If you’re currently on the $1/month Beginner plan you’ll automatically be rolled over to the $3/month Stash Growth plan beginning on your August billing cycle.
For more information on what is included in each plan, check out this page.
Why are we making this change?
- As part of The Stash Way®, we want to make sure that all of our customers have access to both our individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and our Smart Portfolio (in a Smart Portfolio, our team of investment experts oversees the selection and allocation of your Smart Mix – learn more about Smart Portfolios here). Having access to these accounts will help you more easily reach your investing goals.
- You will keep the Personal Invest account that you currently have in your Beginner subscription.
Do I have to take any action to make the change as a customer?
- No action is required from you. You will be defaulted to the $3/month Growth subscription plan on August 1st, with the option of upgrading to the $9/month Stash+ plan.
- If you do not take action, you’ll automatically be placed on the $3/month Growth plan.
- You can also close your subscription at any time if you choose to (check out this article for more information on closing your subscription).
Is this change effective immediately or is there a transition period?
- You will be given a 30 day notice in advance of the change going into effect. After the 30 day period has passed, your subscription will be automatically upgraded.
Related questions View all Plans & Pricing
Q. Need to upload documents to verify your identity when opening a Stash account?
During the course of signing up for your new Stash account, we may ask you for proof of identity via either your driver’s license or passport. Why do we need this information? The USA Patriot Act requires us to verify your identity—it helps us keep all 56+ million Stashers safe,…
Q. What is happening to my Stash Banking Account issued by Green Dot Bank?
What is happening to my Stash banking account issued by Green Dot Bank? We are switching to a new banking partner. The transition is easy. We’ll transfer your funds automatically in just a few minutes. If you do not complete the transition,…
Q. Closing Your Stash Banking Account
Are you sure you want to close your Stash banking account? Please remember you can only open one Stash banking account at a time right now. If you close your banking account and want to open a new one, please contact Customer Support. …
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.