Stash Learn

Can I Transfer my Crypto Coins to Another Platform?

If you’re looking to transfer your crypto coins to another platform with an ACAT transfer, you won’t be able to transfer the coins.

If you request an ACAT for the securities held in your brokerage account, crypto assets held in your crypto account are sold, and the proceeds of your sale will be deposited into your brokerage account. The Crypto Transaction Fee for any transaction to sell your entire position in a specific Crypto Asset will be rounded to the nearest penny corresponding to your applicable fee amount.


Need more information about ACAT transfers? Check out this article

Looking to close your crypto account? Check out this article.

Disclosure: Cryptocurrency trading and execution services are provided by Apex Crypto LLC (NMLS ID 1828849) through a software license agreement between Apex Crypto LLC and Stash Financial, Inc.  Apex Crypto is not a registered broker-dealer or a member of SIPC or FINRA and is licensed to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department. Cryptocurrencies are not securities and are not FDIC or SIPC insured. Advisory products and services are offered through Stash Investments LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser. Cryptocurrency is a highly volatile investment; please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved before trading crypto. Visit

Didn’t find your question?

Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.

Ask your question