Can I withdraw or transfer money from my Stash account whenever I want?
Generally speaking, you’re free to transfer or withdraw money out of Stash whenever you want. There are a few caveats, though:
- If you have investments, first you have to sell those and wait for the SEC-mandated holding period to be over. For more information on this, check out this article.
- Generally speaking, it can take up to 5 business days for transfers or withdrawals to show up in your external account. Keep in mind that business days are from Monday to Friday, excluding US bank holidays. If you’ve initiated a transfer on a weekend or bank holiday, the process may take slightly longer.
- Referral and promotional funds must remain in your Stash account for at least 90 calendar days before they can be transferred.
- You can only transfer your available balance in your Stash Banking account or your amount available to transfer in your Portfolio Cash. Here’s how to find these amounts in the app:
- From the Home screen, tap Transfer on the bottom navigation bar.
- Here you’ll see the available balance for your Bank account as well as the amount available to transfer in your Personal portfolio.
Related questions View all Invest
Q. When will my trades get executed in my Smart portfolio?
Once your money has completed the transfer and arrived in your account, we’ll execute your trades. Typically, this takes 1-2 business days. Please note that a business day is Monday through Friday, excluding weekends and US market holidays. DISCLOSURES This type of account is a Discretionary Managed Account.…1
Q. Once I deposit money into my Smart portfolios, do I need to do anything?
Nope! We’ll handle the rest—this is smart investing, after all. You might want to consider investing (depositing money) regularly, though. That way your investments can grow through the magic of compound interest. DISCLOSURES This type of account is a Discretionary Managed Account.…0
Q. How much can I withdraw from my smart portfolio?
You can request a withdrawal from your smart portfolio for up to the total value of your Smart portfolio — minus any pending withdrawals. For example, if your Smart portfolio is worth $1,000, you can request a withdrawal for the full balance of $1,000 or any number up to $900.…1
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Intro to Stash: Everything You Need To Know To Start Investing
The Stash Way is a few simple principles at the core of investing with Stash.
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.