Can I withdraw or transfer money from my Stash account whenever I want?
Generally speaking, you’re free to transfer or withdraw money out of Stash whenever you want. There are a few caveats, though:
- If you have investments, first you have to sell those and wait for the SEC-mandated holding period to be over. For more information on this, check out this article.
- Generally speaking, it can take up to 5 business days for transfers or withdrawals to show up in your external account. Keep in mind that business days are from Monday to Friday, excluding US bank holidays. If you’ve initiated a transfer on a weekend or bank holiday, the process may take slightly longer.
- Referral and promotional funds must remain in your Stash account for at least 90 calendar days before they can be transferred.
- You can only transfer your available balance in your Stash Banking account or your amount available to transfer in your Portfolio Cash. Here’s how to find these amounts in the app:
- From the Home screen, tap Transfer on the bottom navigation bar.
- Here you’ll see the available balance for your Bank account as well as the amount available to transfer in your Personal portfolio.
Related questions View all Invest
Q. How do I lock my Stash Stock-Back Card?
Misplaced your wallet and worried that fraudsters have it? Don’t panic—Stash offers the ability to lock and unlock your Stock-Back Card¹ (your debit card). You can keep looking for your card without worrying about unauthorized transactions. Locking is easy—here’s how: In the app: Open Stash.…1
Q. How do I cancel my Stash+ subscription?
Canceling your Stash+ is easy and can be done from the web. We don’t currently support canceling your subscription in the app. Here’s how to do it: Navigate to your Manage account page and log into your account. Here you’ll see options to close your Personal portfolio and your Retirement portfolio.…3
Q. How do I close my Stash Growth subscription?
We will be sorry to see you go! You can start your cancel request at any time online at Stash.com. See below to get started—note that currently, you can only make your cancel request online at this time. Steps for canceling Stash Growth subscription: Log into Stash.com.…3
Didn’t find your question?
Shoot us your question and our Stash experts will get back to you.Submit a question
Intro to Stash: Everything You Need To Know To Start Investing
The Stash Way is a few simple principles at the core of investing with Stash.
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.