Can I withdraw or transfer money from my Stash account whenever I want?
Generally speaking, you’re free to transfer or withdraw money out of Stash whenever you want. There are a few caveats, though:
- If you have investments, first you have to sell those and wait for the SEC-mandated holding period to be over. For more information on this, check out this article.
- Generally speaking, it can take up to 5 business days for transfers or withdrawals to show up in your external account. Keep in mind that business days are from Monday to Friday, excluding US bank holidays. If you’ve initiated a transfer on a weekend or bank holiday, the process may take slightly longer.
- Referral and promotional funds must remain in your Stash account for at least 90 calendar days before they can be transferred.
- You can only transfer your available balance in your Stash Banking account or your amount available to transfer in your Portfolio Cash. Here’s how to find these amounts in the app:
- From the Home screen, tap Transfer on the bottom navigation bar.
- Here you’ll see the available balance for your Bank account as well as the amount available to transfer in your Personal portfolio.
Related questions View all Invest
Q. Turning Round-Ups On and Off
You can easily manage your Stock-Back® Card round ups on the Stash app or website.1 Follow these steps to turn round-ups on/off. On the app: Login to the Stash app. Tap Bank at the bottom of the screen. …
Q. All About Instant Transfers
What are instant transfers? Transferring money within Stash generally is effective immediately but could take up to a few minutes; however, transferring to an external bank account can take 1-3 business days. Instant transfers allow you to transfer money to an external bank from your Stash banking account instantly for a 1% fee.…
Q. Earning Stock-Back® Rewards with Stash
Want to make your money work harder for you? The Stash Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard® allows you to invest while you spend.1 Read on to find out the details of this benefit, offered exclusively by Stash. How does Stock-Back® work? To earn Stock-Back® Rewards,…
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.