Can I withdraw or transfer money from my Stash account whenever I want?
Generally speaking, you’re free to transfer or withdraw money out of Stash whenever you want. There are a few caveats, though:
- If you have investments, first you have to sell those and wait for the SEC-mandated holding period to be over. For more information on this, check out this article.
- Generally speaking, it can take up to 5 business days for transfers or withdrawals to show up in your external account. Keep in mind that business days are from Monday to Friday, excluding US bank holidays. If you’ve initiated a transfer on a weekend or bank holiday, the process may take slightly longer.
- Referral and promotional funds must remain in your Stash account for at least 90 calendar days before they can be transferred.
- You can only transfer your available balance in your Stash Banking account or your amount available to transfer in your Portfolio Cash. Here’s how to find these amounts in the app:
- From the Home screen, tap Transfer on the bottom navigation bar.
- Here you’ll see the available balance for your Bank account as well as the amount available to transfer in your Personal portfolio.
Related questions View all Invest
Q. What’s Plaid?
Plaid is a technology that allows for people to connect their financial accounts to a mobile application. It makes it possible for your external bank and Stash to talk to one another. When you link Stash to your external bank, Plaid encrypts your bank information,…2
Q. How do I opt out of Plaid?
You can easily opt out of Plaid in the app. Here’s how to get started: From the Home screen, tap your account icon in the top left corner Tap on Personalization & Data below Privacy & Legal Tap Opt-out of transaction data sharing at the bottom of the screen …1
Q. How does Stash make money?
The short answer is that Stash Financial Inc., its affiliates, and business partners act as an investment advisor, broker-dealer, banking services provider, insurance distributor, marketing affiliate, and a financial services organization, all rolled into one. Stash Investments LLC’s advisory affiliates also provide a wide range of financial services to individuals. …2
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.