How do I transfer or withdraw my money?
You can transfer or withdraw your money from Stash at any time from the app or web. Follow these steps to transfer, deposit, or withdraw your money:
Note: Retirement and Custodial accounts have special restrictions. For transfers on these accounts our Customer Service team is ready to help. Call us at 800-205-5164 or email us at email@example.com.
To transfer money in the app:
- Login to the Stash app.
- Tap Transfer at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the accounts you want to move money from and to.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and tap Continue.
- Review the transfer details and tap Transfer to complete your transfer.
To transfer money on the web:
- Login to the Stash website.
- Click Transfer.
- Click the accounts you want to move money from and to.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and click Confirm.
- Click Make Transfer to complete your transfer.
To withdraw your cash in your Stash banking account from a fee-free ATM, look here.
When you transfer money out of Stash, it will be removed from your Stash account almost immediately, but it may take up to five business days for the money to appear in your external bank account. The exact length of time depends on how quickly your external bank processes ACH transfers.
For more information on transfer timeframes, check out this article.
There are four factors that may impact your ability to transfer out of your Stash Personal Brokerage portfolio:
- Invested funds: If you want to transfer money you’ve invested, you’ll need to sell those investments first.
- Unsettled sales: Funds from an investment sale will take two business days to settle. It should be available to transfer on the third business day.
- Deposit holds: We hold recent deposits for up to five business days to protect our clients from fraud. Your money will be available to transfer within six business days. Referral and promotional funds: Referral and promotional funds must remain in your Stash account for 90 calendar days before they can be transferred out of Stash.
Note: Business days are Monday through Friday, and do not include weekends or US bank holidays.
Stash Banking services provided by Stride Bank, N.A., Member FDIC.
Related questions View all Getting Started
Q. Turning Round-Ups On and Off
You can easily manage your Stock-Back® Card round ups on the Stash app or website.1 Follow these steps to turn round-ups on/off. On the app: Login to the Stash app. Tap Bank at the bottom of the screen. …
Q. All About Instant Transfers
What are instant transfers? Transferring money within Stash generally is effective immediately but could take up to a few minutes; however, transferring to an external bank account can take 1-3 business days. Instant transfers allow you to transfer money to an external bank from your Stash banking account instantly for a 1% fee.…
Q. Earning Stock-Back® Rewards with Stash
Want to make your money work harder for you? The Stash Stock-Back® Debit Mastercard® allows you to invest while you spend.1 Read on to find out the details of this benefit, offered exclusively by Stash. How does Stock-Back® work? To earn Stock-Back® Rewards,…
Didn’t find your question?
Tell us what you’re looking for, and we’ll search for resources that could help.Ask your question
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.