I’m having trouble logging into my account, what do I do?
If you’re having trouble accessing your account, there’s a number of steps you can take. First, let’s start with some basic troubleshooting.
- Open your app and confirm that you’re on the login screen.
- Click on the Login button on the top right.
- Type in your username and password.
- Check that there are no typos in your email address, and that you’re typing the email and passwords into the correct fields.
- Make sure that you are using the email address associated with your Stash account.
From here, if you entered your email address and password correctly, you’ll be taken to the Two-Factor Authentication screen.
- This page will ask for a 6-digit authentication code that’ll be sent by text message. You can also request a code by email or phone call.
- Enter this code. After, you’ll be asked to create a 4-digit security code.
- If you haven’t received the 6-digit code, you can ask for a new one, either by text message, email, or voice call, by tapping Click to get a code by email or call.
- Please allow up to 5 minutes for the code to be sent to you.
- If you still don’t receive the code, please contact Support.
- This means that your username and/or password are incorrect. Confirm that you’ve typed both incorrectly, and that you are using the email address that you used to sign up for Stash.
- If you’re still having issues logging in, you’ll want to try a password reset.
For information on how to reset your password, check out this article.
Related questions View all Getting Started
Didn’t find your question?
Shoot us your question and our Stash experts will get back to you.Submit a question
Intro to Stash: Everything You Need To Know To Start Investing
The Stash Way is a few simple principles at the core of investing with Stash.
Fiduciary 101: Why it’s Our Job to be Your Advocate
It’s a big word that means a lot when it comes to handling your money. It defines a relationship built on trust and duty.
Debt and Equity: What Every Smart Investor Needs to Know
You can invest in debt & in equity, but do you really know what that means? We break down the jargon.